Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Winter Storm Stella

A massive snow storm has hit the North-Eastern United States. I admit, it is at least partly my fault. I asked for snow, and I wanted more snow. However, I didn't think that it would all come at once!


The snow started falling slowly on Monday afternoon but continued, unrelenting until Wednesday evening. Over 26 inches (66cm) of snow fall were recorded at Rochester International Airport near RIT. Unfortunately, I was supposed to fly out of Rochester airport on Wednesday but as flight after flight was cancelled it was time to settle in and wait out the storm. 



RIT was closed. Students were on break. The snow was falling so fast that RIT seemed to have given up trying to plow the dorm side of campus. It was the perfect time to try out my snow saucer around campus. So much fun! And so much peace and quiet for writing! 

Snow approaching window height
Snow burying bicycles


Snow storms are the perfect time for ice cream
Snow saucer fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment